Posted on Mar 13, 2020
The Accounting Specialist is primarily responsible for a portion of day to day activity within accounts payable and accounts receivable. This position will support all positions within the accounting department up to and including financial reporting. This person will report directly to the Accounting Manager. Communication with other departments is integral to this position.
- Prepare/record accounts payable and accounts receivable daily activity.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations in a timely fashion.
- Assist with the annual 1099 process.
- Develop a strong understanding of the Sage Intacct financial software accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Become familiar with the Concur expense reporting software.
- Assist the Accounting Manager and General Ledger Accountant with month-end close including account reconciliations and account analysis.
- Assist management with other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate must demonstrate strong oral and written communication, multi-tasking and computer skills. Individual will be able to work effectively with any level of the company and have good customer service skills. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred, including data downloads, pivot tables, lookup commands, file linking and report formatting. Individual must have ability to think quickly on their feet and strive for process improvement while working effectively in a dynamic team environment.
2 year degree in Accounting or related financial field required.
3+ years of Accounting experience, particularly with accounts payable and accounts receivable required.
Experience with Sage Intacct financial software is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer