Aircraft Maintenance Mechanic
Posted on Feb 12, 2020
An A & P Maintenance Mechanic supports the daily needs of the maintenance operations of the customer, and ensures an outstanding experience by providing top level service at Pentastar Aviation.
- This position reports directly to the Sub-Base Manager, and works in close partnership with the FAA, manufacturers, pilots and other Aircraft Maintenance Mechanics and Avionics Technicians.
- Ensures aircraft are maintained to airworthiness standards prescribed by applicable regulations, airworthiness directives, company policies, and best practices.
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, adjust, and repair different business transport category aircraft airframes and engines using hand tools and test equipment.
- Maintain the highest level of quality and integrity.
- Adjust, repair or replace defective components based on analysis of test results, following blueprints, schematics, handbooks and other technical documents.
- Use precision instruments and equipment to measure parts for wear, and repair or replace as required.
- Other duties as may be deemed necessary.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must hold a current valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant License (A&P) with no history of infractions and recent A&P experience on turbine powered aircraft considered a plus.
- Experience working under a FAA approved Part 145 repair station required and Part 135 experience preferred.
- Inspection Authorization and/or FCC License a plus.
- Must be able to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Ability to work with supervision to troubleshoot and repair systems on aircraft airframe and engine(s), including electrical, mechanical and hydraulic.
- Superior customer focus, communication skills, and work ethic with a commitment to excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer.