Engineering Project Manager
Engineering Project Manager
The selected candidate will oversee and manage the project management aspects of avionics engineering and certification work scopes and serve as liaison between the customer, management, engineering and the production team. This individual will maintain status of projects and budgets; manage schedules and prepare status reports, assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. He/she will develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with department managers, production supervisors, and customers.
Responsible for managing assigned projects as agreed to and defined by the Director. Providing project support, the Project Manager (PM) will support project development, certification, design management, schedule management, customer interface and reporting, cost management, procurement functions, coordination of regulatory agencies, contract administration, risk management, project interfaces, and other tasks as designed.
- Provide direction for various project tasks to minimize risks and optimize project objectives. May also include subcontract project management.
- Must communicate well and work with the various teams within the organization as well as the customer.
- Must possess the ability to effectively coordinate efforts with departments/subcontractors and hold teams accountable to meet project deliverables.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers to assure customer requirements are met.
- Develop schedules based on statements of work with available manpower and material resources in conjunction with production leadership.
- Prepare manpower plans and track manpower utilization for each project.
- Plan and execute programs at all phases, including concept, development, certification and production; prepare and maintain schedules, detailed budgets, financial data, ETC/EAC and other related financial data. (Estimate to complete/estimate at completion)
- Knowledge of program phases, design, testing, qualification, production, and product certification.
- Track projects using project management software.
The PM will be supported by the Director of Engineering and Inside Sales and his technical staff, the Maintenance Manager, and the VP of Maintenance Operations.
- Knowledge of the preparation of technical proposals and project requirements
- Experience with STC programs, certification and approval processes
- Engineering manpower forecasting and tracking experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills to lead teams to meet project objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels in the organization
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Reliable, self-motivated and open-minded
- Geared to share information and communicate with team members
- Able to ‘think outside of the box’
- Able to identify program risk, engineering ‘scope creep’, and develop/implement risk mitigation planning
- Proficient with Microsoft office, Autodesk AutoCAD
- Experience with avionics systems integration, including understanding of electrical and structural aspects
- Experienced in aircraft maintenance and modification
- Manpower and material requirement planning experience
- Strong leadership liaison skills
- Schedule development and tracking
- Budget analysis and reporting
- 5 years avionics engineering integration experience required
- Project management experience in a fast paced environment required
- Proven track record managing multiple design and maintenance projects
- Experience with all aspects of project management including: scheduling, cost controls, stakeholder management, risk analysis, problem resolution, and communication
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineer Management or Business or 10+ years equivalent experience preferred.
- Certified Project Management or equivalent experience required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply For This Position