The Flight Follower position is located in the Operations Control Center and reports to the Flight Operations Manager.
The Flight Follower has responsibility for maintaining operational control and support of all Pentastar Aviation aircraft under all regulations a particular customer operates under including, CFR 14; FAR 91, FAR 135, and FAR 125. This position serves as a central point of contact for all aircraft movement. Duties include flight tracking, weather briefing, flight planning, weight and balance computations, and other day-to-day operations and trip planning knowledge.
This position requires excellent, professional written and verbal communication skills, a positive engaged working attitude, and strong interpersonal skills for working within a close team environment to problem solve. The Flight Follower works closely with trip planners, charter sales representatives, managed and charter customers, maintenance personnel, line service personnel, catering personnel, and flight crewmembers regularly to manage trip details from start to finish. On a rotating basis, candidates must be willing to work all shifts including weekends, holidays, afternoon and midnight shifts.
- College degree preferred.
- FAA dispatch license preferred.
- Prior aviation experience required (pilot, dispatcher, air traffic control, and or practical and applicable work experience).
- Thorough understanding of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations preferred.
- Technical understanding of flight planning, and aircraft performance preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and internet required.
- Previous experience in the following software applications preferred ( FOS, ARINC, FltPlan.com, Complete Flight, Quickbase, FlightBridge, Jeppesen, Apple Products)
- Understanding of business aircraft operations in worldwide service preferred.
- Outstanding teamwork skills are required.
- May, on occasion, be required to accept direction from other team members, not necessarily the manager.
- Ability to prioritize tasks with limited time (time management skills).
- Strong customer service skills required.
Excellent verbal and written skills required. Ability to compose, by email, concise, professional communication with excellent customer service required.