Posted on Oct 16, 2019
Work independently to design, fabricate, and install upholstery and trim items in aircraft interiors. Assist Shop Lead by working on projects and working with other upholstery technicians.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Fabricate and install seat covers, curtains and various assemblies and subassemblies.
2) Stripping and covering panels (all soft goods in aircraft).
3) Interpret material specifications and design/engineering drawings to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements.
4) Sew, fabricate, and install covers for all styles of panels in the aircraft interior while meeting safety, quality, and productivity standards and goals.
5) Use Corridor, the material tracking system, to create parts demand, track squawks and sign-off work.
6) Stripping and covering panels (all soft goods in aircraft)
1) Work with other technicians to ensure assigned tasks are completed in accordance with required levels of safety, quality and productivity.
2) Work with Lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements to reduce material cost, cycle time, and labor hours using Lean Six-Sigma tools.
3) Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Four (4) years of experience in upholstery to include two (2) years aircraft.
- upholstery experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of upholstery and sewing processes and products required.
Pentastar is an equal opportunity employer